A perfect body is a dream of every person. Only a girl should possess a perfect body is a myth nowadays. Girls and boys are taking part are maintaining their body posture and fit health equally. This is not confined with age too. A person can be of any age or any gender wants his or her body to be healthy. From doing basic regular exercises like walking, running, exercising and the boom of these days mainly among youth which is gym people are now turning their interest towards other healthier ways to improve health.
The major problem is faced by people those who try hard to maintain their body weight but couldn’t lose it. They try every possible way to overcome this but normal exercises don’t work fast. So, here is a way in which you don’t need to do crash dieting or even dieting but it is a kind of scheduled eating. It is popularly known as intermittent fasting.
Fasting, in general, is an old age practice and a beach body cannot be attained from it. But intermittent fasting can do this for you. Intermittent fasting was popularised by an American writer Upton Sinclair in 1990. He used to practice juice glancing and fasting both at the same time. So, now you know completely how to reduce body fat and look slim and sexy.
What is Intermittent Fasting?
Intermittent fasting is an eating pattern. In the year 2012, a health and fitness community doctor and generalist Michael Mosley made this eating pattern famous. It basically includes eating for 4-8 hours in a day and fasting for rest of the time. Common intermittent cycle basically includes either daily 16 hours fast or 24 hours fasting twice a week.
Depending upon the choice of a person, one can fast for 16 hours a day or can fast for a whole day i.e. for 24 hours for 2 days a week. This makes the fasting and losing weight efficient moreover it does not restrict a person from eating as they fear gaining calories. Various methods are there to implement intermittent dieting. They are given by the following names.
- 16/8 method (or Leangians protocol):- In this method, a person has to eat only for 8 hours a day and fast for the rest 16 hours. It involves skipping breakfast and restricting the daily eating hours only for 8 hours a day. For instance, it can be from 12 pm to 8 pm or 1 pm to 9 pm depending upon your compatibility and ease. Following the above method will make you fast for 16 hours.
- stop.eat:- In this method, a person fasts for about 2 days a week. These two days do not need a consecutive flow but can be any two days in a week. It can be any two days of the week. For a beginner, it can be just one day in a week and then you can easily increase it after getting habitual to fasting for one day.
- 5:2 diet: – In this method, a person consumes only 500 to 600 calories on two non-consecutive days of a week. The intake of calories should not be more than this. It helps in processing the food properly and helps in the breakdown of the fat molecules making it easier to digest and activate digestive juices to digest more incoming food.
There are various benefits of doing intermittent fasting. These benefits make it a way far better way to reduce weight and get the body in shape. There are various health benefits which can be attained.
- It helps in fat loss by burning calories and helps in muscle gain. That is you will attain muscles not fat.
- It helps in less production of insulin in the body. The production of more insulin in the body results in the storage of fat hence, increasing the body fat and calories.
- Intermittent fasting helps the body to fight with inflammation and improve the metabolism in the body.
- It improves brain health, heart health, and cancer.
- It also results in anti-aging.
Intermittent Fasting (IF) is a very effective method to reduce fat but does that suitable for everyone. The answer is a big NO. These are such cases where intermittent fasting should be avoided.
- Any person suffering from diabetes should avoid doing intermittent fasting. As a diabetic do not have the potential to stabilize sugar level in the body. So a person who is suffering from diabetes should not practice IF.
- Someone having problems with blood sugar regulation and low blood pressure should avoid intermittent fasting.
- A person who is underweight or have eating disorders.
- Women, under some specific conditions, should avoid intermittent fasting. A woman who is trying to conceive or who is pregnant or a mother who is breastfeeding her child should not practice intermittent fasting because it can result in decline health of the child.
- A woman with a history of amenorrhea must not practice intermittent fasting.
Watch this Video for a more clear angle on Intermittent Fasting.
Intermittent Fasting is a very effective method to reduce fat and gain weight but this is not necessary that the outcome of the fasting should be even for everyone practicing it. Also, there are some myths associated with intermittent fasting like you’re going to lose weight no matter what. But this is not necessarily true for everyone. Everyone has a different body.
The metabolism is different for everyone. Some people might take 4 hours to digest food while some of them might take 5 hours. So it varies from person to person. Hence, the results of intermittent fasting also vary from person to person and it is not necessary the two people will lose fat at the same time but they will lose for sure. Another myth associated with intermittent fasting is that working out is impossible if you are fasting.
But this is not at all true. Intermittent fasting is an eating habit, it is not completely fasting so if you are practicing it you can do whatever you used to do earlier. Eating a big breakfast is the necessity since it is the most important meal of the day is also a myth. Every meal is important whether it is your lunch or dinner. Intermittent fasting just improvises the metabolism to break calories and burn fat.